Once again I state, I don’t speak on behalf of the church or
any of her organisations, I hold no office I am simply a lay person trying to
grow in holiness like everyone else.
If I make mistakes I am humble enough to learn so please
tell me!
I have not posted for some time as I have rather been taken
over by events but I would like to resume posting again today.
I want to mention again our little house group which is
under the authority of The Anglican Catholic Church Diocese of the United
Kingdom. Our house group meets in an area where there are no local ACC missions
or priests. A house group in our church Is the first step (should the lord will
it) in becoming a mission of the diocese.
We still have much to do in terms of creating a stable
worshipping community before we can apply to be recognised as a mission. However,
we are really enjoying taking these initial steps on that road.
We are putting together equipment little by little; we are
about to purchase a suitable “altar” in reality it is a table used for
something else but we plan to adapt it. We cannot afford the cost of purchasing
an altar but we want to give to God the best that we can provide at the moment.
We are having a large version of the icon of our lady of Glastonbury made (she
is our patron). One of the things that
we are in desperate need of is a lectern, but I am certain a way will be found
for us to get one.
Sadly my Dog isn’t a big fan of strangers so as our group
grows (hopefully) we shall be looking to find some alternative meeting place.
Please pray for us as we pray for you.
We are putting together plans for a pilgrimage to
Glastonbury during our ladies month of May next year, and right now we are
putting together plans for a meeting to celebrate Christmas on the 27th
December.
The faith is more important than buildings, than lacy albs
or even fiddle back chasubles! If we concede ground on the little things of the
faith, they then begin to grow into much larger things! My journey and the genesis
of this little group is about a desire to be faithful to historic Christianity…that’s
all I want to do.
I didn’t want to upset anybody or to incur lots of criticism.
But even though I have, I do not resent it because I know I am doing what I
believe to be right.
Our lord said “seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness,
and all these things will be added unto you”. The kingdom of God we are told by
Jesus “is not of this world”, however we are citizens of it and we should
proclaim his kingdom as living truth. We have a hope within us which is our
passport so to speak.
You know what? I know I’m not very clever! I know I make
mistakes with grammar etc. A
nevertheless love writing and sharing with people, the truth that lies
within me HE LIVES, HE LIVES WHO ONCE WAS DEAD, HE LIVES MY EVER LIVING HEAD!
I hope to update you more as time allows.
No comments:
Post a Comment