Monday, 17 October 2016

Our First Meeting

I mentioned in a previous that we were about to have our first house group meeting last Sunday.  I wanted to take a few minutes to give an account of how it went...

We decorated the room as best we could with the items we have available, we set up a table with fair linen cloth and candlesticks and erected an icon of our lady of Glastonbury our patron.

candles lit the Veni creator spiritus plays and we begin, during the service we had two hymns (this proved difficult as we had no instruments, I had to improvise by finding some recordings on the internet). At the end of the service we gathered around the icon of our lady and sang the angelus.

Afterwards we met for coffee and discussion. I was so enthused by how things went. We were only a small number but already a community meeting in that place.

We meet again in a fortnight to celebrate the feast of all saints together. Hopefully soon we will be in a position to meet every Sunday.

I invite anyone interested in finding out more about us to contact us and come and worship and fellowship with us. We would really like to meet you :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment