Sunday, 30 October 2016

Totus Tuus



You called Lord? A creature such as me…weighted down by arrogance & hypocrisy
You chose me Lord? to serve you, to love you, and love others in my feeble humanity

Lord, I am frightened, sometimes I feel useless, unprepared, unrepentant and proud
My theology is feeble; I speak no Greek. Or Hebrew, writing as I do, should not be allowed

Lord, sometimes I doubt, I sink under the weight of the worlds gloom and pain
But I kiss the sweet wood of the cross, of the lamb who was slain.

I am weak, in my sin and I am useless in my own power, strength and might
But you chose the weak and the foolish to bare forth the light

You chose the poor, the unlettered and sometimes frankly the loser
But who are we, do doubt the omnipotent wisdom of the chooser

Help me to serve you in the way that you have called me to do
Let me be that foolish piece of earth that others may walk on to reach you

Break my heart so much that it can never be closed to your love and grace
In the words of the hymn Adam’s image o lord deface, and stamp thine image in its place

Totus tuus I am, yours, completely yours all my might mind, strength and ambition
In poverty, chastity and obedience, without bargaining or precondition

I lay before thine altar, prostrate and I offer thee my little heart
Please accept it though humble and from it never depart.

No comments:

Post a Comment